2011 – 2014
Team Member and National Team Leader
Location: Italy, Denmark, Spain, Austria
SOS Network – Social Inclusion of Students with Special needs into Vocational Education and training and into the labour market – European Commission, Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) – funded Centralized Actions
Central Denmark EU Office, Bruxelles, Belgium
project value: € 655.727,00 / 30 months – 517736-LLP-1-2011-DK-LEONARDO-LNW
SOS network aims to contribute to social inclusion of young people with special educational needs and social disadvantages into mainstream VET, labour market and society. It intends to develop and introduce new concepts for approaching the issue of social inclusion and to provide teachers, trainers and others working with these young people in learning or job-related activities with adequate, well-proven and relevant methods and tools easily applicable in daily life.
The network takes holistic approach that underlines a need for looking at early school leaving in a context which involves different parties in addition to the VET system. Thus, the objectives of the SOS Network are:
1. To reduce early school leaving
2. To ensure transition from education and training to the labour market.
The objective of reducing early school leaving will be achieved through reaching following specific objectives:
- Provide knowledge regarding students with special educational needs and social disadvantages, including knowledge of their specific skills, potentials and strengths.
- Provide access to approaches, methods and tools that are proven effective and successful in a number of European countries and which are easily and directly applicable in daily teaching and learning all over Europe.
- Provide cooperation platform to those working with respective issues for exchange of experiences and knowledge.
- Provide a better understanding of the world of work- its demands, requirements and attitudes.
- The objective that concerns transition from education and training to the labour market has following specific goals:
- Establish sustainable and long-term cooperation between VET and the world of work.
- Disseminate knowledge and awareness of skills, strengths and potentials that characterize students with special needs and social disadvantages.
- Identify job functions that match specific skills, strengths and potentials of students with special needs.
- In addition to these objectives, SOS Network also aims at establishing a sustainable and viable pan-European network for people involved in VET and social inclusion. This aim can be reached by:
- Creating and promoting a pan-European SOS-Portal – ‘One-stop shop’ for all interested in the issue. .
- Providing people from outside the network access to its results and products through participation in local reference groups.
- Ensuring a continuous and wide dissemination of activities and results of the SOS Network through newsletters and leaflets, participation at relevant seminars and conferences, local Open Space meetings open to everyone.
- Planning and managing project activities establishing milestones; monitoring the activity of Italian staff members
- Managing and coordination of research activities and data collection through questionnaires in the field of inclusive education
- Coordination and managing of local testing activities
- Design and coordination of dissemination events in Italy and Germany
Business or sector
- inclusive education