Erasmus+ is an opportunity for you and your organisation to reach your full potential”. The programme will support over 125 000 institutions and organisations to work with peers in other countries in order to innovate and modernise teaching practice and youth work. Together they will help ensure that young people and adults get the skills they need to succeed in today’s world.
Erasmus+, the new EU programme for education, training, youth and sport aims at boosting skills, employability and supporting the modernisation of education, training and youth systems. The new programme combines all the EU’s current schemes for education, training, youth and sport, including the Lifelong Learning Programme (Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, Comenius, Grundtvig), Youth in Action and five international cooperation programmes (Erasmus Mundus, Tempus, Alfa, Edulink and the programme for cooperation with industrialised countries). This will make it easier for applicants to understand the opportunities available, while other simplifications will also facilitate access.
- 2 million higher education students will be able to study or train abroad, including 450.000 traineeships;
- 650.000 vocational students and apprentices will receive grants to study, train or work abroad;
- 800.000 school teachers, lecturers, trainers, education staff and youth workers to teach or train abroad;
- 200.000 Master’s degree students doing a full course in another country will benefit from loan guarantees;
- More than 500.000 young people will be able to volunteer abroad or participate in youth exchanges;
- More than 25.000 students will receive grants for joint master’s degrees, which involve studying in at least two higher education institutions abroad;
- 125.000 schools, vocational education and training institutions, higher and adult education institutions, youth organisations and enterprises will receive funding to set up 25.000 ‘strategic partnerships’ to promote the exchange of experience and links with the world of work;
- 3.500 education institutions and enterprises will get support to create more than 300 ‘Knowledge Alliances’ and ‘Sector Skills Alliances’ to boost employability, innovation and entrepreneurship;
- 600 partnerships in sport, including European non-profit events, will also receive funding.